Heart palpitations are an irregularity or abnormality in the heartbeat, characterized by a feeling like your heart is beating too fast or too slow, or like it is fluttering. Palpitation can last from just 2 – 3 seconds to as long as a few hours.
In most instances though, this health issue is harmless and resolved on its own. Some healthy lifestyle modifications and natural remedies can also be good for you to relieve the symptoms of this issue.
How To Stop Palpitations Naturally At Home – Best Natural Treatments:
Palpitation is actually a symptom in themselves. Nevertheless, it can accompany other symptoms; for example, a sensation of constriction in the throat or a breath shortness.
In some cases, heart palpitation could be the symptom of a more severe heart issue, especially when it goes along with other symptoms, such as vomiting, nausea, sweating, chest pain, blurred vision, fainting, and dizziness.
Do consult your doctor if you experience the symptoms mentioned, especially if they occur frequently or become worsen, or if you have a history of cardiovascular disease.
There are several trigger factors that can lead to palpitations, such as biological or hormonal conditions, psychological factors, and external stimulants.
The use of illicit drugs like marijuana or cocaine, strenuous exercise, high levels of adrenalin due to anxiety or stress, low blood sugar, excess intake of alcohol, nicotine, or caffeine; an electrolyte imbalance in the body, overactive thyroid, and anemia are some of the most popular causes of this health issue.
In addition, pregnant women and people suffering from panic attacks are more prone to this health issue. Certain prescription medicines might also cause the same.
Some quick tips on how to stop palpitations at home naturally without making use of drugs, pills, or medical interventions so that people can try right away:
- Before adjusting medications or taking any new supplement, always check with your doctor.
- Get at least six to seven hours of sleep every night.
- Keep the stress levels of yourself down with the help of yoga, meditation, and other relaxation methods.
- Get twenty minutes of aerobic exercises three or four times a week at least. Walking, playing tennis, and running are wonderful options.
- Drink necessary amount of water because dehydration can also lead to palpitation attacks.
- Keep cholesterol and blood pressure levels under control.
- Avoid illegal drugs, including amphetamines and cocaine, because they can trigger palpitations.
- Do not use tobacco products and try to avoid smoking for good.
- Do not eat foods that contain caffeine, such as chocolate, soft drinks, and coffee.
- Limit or stop the consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Try to determine the trigger factors of your problem and avoid them.
- Eat one or two ripe guavas every day on an empty stomach.
- Increase your daily consumption of fresh fruits and green vegetables.
This is actually a very serious health issue, so today, in this article, I would like to reveal some of the best natural tips on how to stop palpitations at home people should try to get rid of the problem fast. Here are the home remedies you should learn about:
1. Lemon Balm
5. Increase Magnesium Intake
6. Blackstrap Molasses7. Cold Water
8. Deep Breathing
10. Valsalva Maneuver
1. Lemon Balm:
This is the first out of the most efficient tips on how to stop palpitations naturally at home that I want to reveal in this entire writing and want you and my other readers to learn and make use as soon as possible to live without the palpitation issue.
Lemon balm, also called Melissa Officinalis, is actually a wonderful herb that can help to control heart palpitation attacks. It contains a tonic effect on the circulatory system and your heart. In addition, it can work effectively as a mild relaxant and it can help in reducing the symptoms of anxiety. This herbal remedy can also help in normalizing an overactive thyroid. There are 2 common ways you can try with the support of lemon balm to reduce the symptoms of palpitations:
- The first option for you is to add 1 tsp. of lemon balm (dried) to one cup of hot water. Cover the liquid and allow the lemon balm steep within about five to ten minutes. Whenever you have palpitations, consume 1 cup of lemon balm tea.
- The second choice is that you just need to use this herb to cook with your daily meals; or after consulting a doctor, you can make use of lemon balm supplement on a daily basis and get the same benefit.
Another out of the tips on how to stop palpitations naturally at home people should make use is hawthorn. Hawthorn is actually a wonderful herbal remedy for people suffering from this heartbeat problem. It can help effectively in increasing blood flow to your heart and improving the contractions of your cardiac muscle, thereby helping to stabilize your heartbeat.
After consulting your doctor, you can take hawthorn supplement. The general dosage is from 160 to 900 mg per day and you should take them in periods of 3 to 24 weeks according to your own case’s severity. As hawthorn supplements can interfere with certain medications, do not forget to ask your medical healthcare provider for advice and precautions. In addition, this herbal remedy should not be used for a pregnant woman.
Hawthorn might be not very popular, but it is a worth-trying home remedy for palpitations, so try it out!
According to herbalists, in cases of heart palpitations resulted from anxiety or panic attacks, valerian can be considered as a useful remedy. Valerian provides powerful relaxing effects so that it will help you calm down, thereby restoring your normal heartbeat. One more thing, this herb can help to promote your sleep. There are two common ways you should try with this herb:
- Add to one glass of water about ten drops of valerian tincture and consume the liquid to get instant relief.
- Alternatively, people can try taking valerian supplements for about 2 – 4 weeks as a measure for prevention. Remember to consult your doctor before taking this supplement to get the right and safe dosage and you should not take it for longer than 2 – 4 weeks.
Note: This herbal remedy should not be used for a pregnant woman.
In fact, this is also one of the best tips on how to stop palpitations naturally at home that people should make use for good!
Another useful natural treatment for heart palpitations is cinnamon. This natural ingredient has a lot of nutrients and chemicals, including potassium and manganese that are beneficial for your heart. It can help to increase the blood flow to your heart, prevent the excessive buildup of LDL (low-density lipoproteins) that is also known as the ‘bad’ cholesterol, and lower the levels of blood pressure. Here are 2 ways you can make use of cinnamon to deal with the palpitation issue, and you need to follow either of these methods once per day for about 3 – 4 days.
- Combine one tsp. of powdered cinnamon with one glass of warm water and consume that solution.
- Another way is to mix one teaspoon each of honey and powdered cinnamon together and consume the combination.
This is also one out of the best tips on how to stop palpitations naturally at home that are very simple and cheap to apply so that people should not skip but make use of this tip and technique for good to get rid of the symptoms and signs of the disease fast without using any type of drug, pill, or medical intervention.
5. Increase Magnesium Intake:
A lack of magnesium can also lead to the heart palpitation attacks inside your body. This mineral can help to ensure your heart and nervous system to function smoothly as well as improving the blood circulation inside your body. Here are 2 remedies you can make use with the support of magnesium to deal with the palpitation issue:
- Consume foods rich in magnesium; for example, peanut butter; oatmeal; low-fat yogurt; avocados; cold-water fish; dark chocolate; bananas; quinoa; Swiss chard, kale, spinach, and other dark green veggies; seeds, including pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds; and nuts, such as cashews and almonds.
- Or else, after consulting your doctor for the right and proper dosage, you can also make use of magnesium in supplement form, about 350 mg per day is regularly sufficient.
This is also one of the most effective and important tips on how to stop palpitations at home naturally that people should remember to apply to reduce or stop the symptoms of palpitations that can leave harms or negative effects on your overall health and body.
6. Blackstrap Molasses:
Blackstrap molasses is an easy to follow treatment method that can help people keep the severity and frequency of palpitation attacks under control. Being abundant in magnesium, calcium, iron, and potassium, it can help in preventing these deficiencies inside your body that may lead to palpitations. It is especially good for dealing with anemia – one of the top trigger factors of heart palpitation attacks. There are also 2 simple ways you can make use to deal with palpitations with the help of blackstrap molasses, and you should follow either of them once per day.
- Stir one tbsp. of blackstrap molasses into one cup of water and consume the solution.
- Alternatively, you can combine two tsps. each of apple cider vinegar and blackstrap molasses in a cup of water.
This is actually one of the most effective tips on how to stop palpitations naturally at home that people should learn and make use to enjoy a healthy life without facing any problem and issue related to palpitations without using any type of drug, pill, or medication.
7. Cold Water:
As a reduction of fluid consumption can cause your heart to be more prone to irregular heartbeats, you should drink one glass of cold water for restoring your normal heartbeats. This simple remedy can also aid in reducing dizziness, anxiety, and stress.
Splashing cold water on your facial skin can be also very useful for you to deal with and get rid of panic attacks and palpitations. You can also shower with cold water. Cold water can help in shocking your nervous system so that it can also help to bring back your normal heartbeats.
8. Deep Breathing:
This is also one of the best tips and also the last tip on how to stop palpitations at home naturally without using any type of drug, pill, or medication that I would like to reveal in this article and want you and my other readers on Vkool.com to learn and remember to apply for good.
Deep breathing is actually among the best ways to relax your body and mind so that is also very useful for dealing with the heart palpitation issue. It can help in easing a panic attack as well as anxiety and, thereby, it can help in normalizing your heart rate. This method can also help your body relax on its own and increase the supply of oxygen to your brain. Here are the simple steps you will need to follow exactly if you want to make use of the deep breathing method to deal with and beat off the current palpitation issue:
- Sit in a cross-legged position comfortably.
- Take deep, slow breaths through your nose with each inhalation, allowing the tummy to expand.
- Through your mouth, slowly breathe out.
- Repeat for about 2 – 3 minutes until you see the heart rate slows down.
You can also practice meditation and yoga on a regular basis to prevent heart palpitation attacks.
Vigorously coughing for a few minutes is also a useful method that helps in breaking the pattern of palpitations. It can create pressure in your chest, thereby putting your heart back into its normal rhythms.
This is not a measure for prevention. Therefore, you should apply it just when you are suffering from signs and symptoms of palpitations.
10. Valsalva Maneuver:
This is the last but certainly not the least tip on how to stop palpitations at home naturally that I want you and my other readers reading this article learn carefully and remember to apply as soon as possible for good!
This ancient method can aid in restoring fast heartbeats to normal. It can also cause physical interventions that stimulate the vagus nerve (10th cranial nerve). This thereby can help to slow down heart rate.
To make use of this method, first, you will need to pinch the nose, keep the mouth closed, and then try to breathe out forcibly. Doing this, you will see your heart rate accelerated, and then your heartbeat will be slowed down as normal.
Note: If you are suffering from cardiovascular disease, then this remedy is not recommended.
Now, after giving readers this full writing with 10 tips on how to stop palpitations at home naturally and effectively that are very simple to apply yet extremely useful, readers should also spend time reading another related article if possible. This article shows the best ways to keep your heart always healthy without the attacks of cardiovascular disease – one of the main reasons for palpitations. The Top 12 Tips On How To Maintain Healthy Heart And Prevent Cardiovascular Disease article is actually a revolutionary collection of natural tips and tricks that help people improve heart’s health and prevent the risks of developing heart diseases without using any type of drug, pill, or medical intervention that can be harmful to health at all. In fact, this article reveals a lot of useful treatment techniques and tips that are based on nature, and they just aim to help people who are concerning about heart’s health improve their own situation and avoid getting heart disease without getting any harmful side effect. The home remedies and natural therapies introduced in this writing are natural and proven good for people in all cases so that people should make use of them right from today!
The entire collection of tips on how to stop palpitations at home naturally that me – author Lien Nguyen of VKool.com revealed in the article today comes without requiring or encouraging readers to make use of medical interventions. In contrast, the home remedies and treatment tips I exposed are proven good and safe for human health, especially for those dealing with the palpitation issue without causing any unwanted side effect. They will help palpitation sufferers all over the world get back their healthy life without suffering from the hateful and stubborn symptoms of this health issue without having to spend too much time, money, and effort!