7 Foods that improve blood circulation in legs
Proper body’s blood circulation inside the body is very necessary for optimum Health. It is through blood circulation that oxygen, minerals, and nutrients get transferred to every part of the body. In addition, good blood circulation promotes organ function and cell growth.
Poor blood circulation could influence the whole body, including the kidneys, liver, heart, brain, and the limbs. It can contribute to causing a lot of health issues.
I. Foods That Improve Blood Circulation In Legs And In Hands – Best Home Treatments:
Many factors can lead to poor blood circulation, including long hours sitting at work, poor eating habits, caffeine, excess drinking, Smoking, and a sedentary lifestyle.
It can also be triggered by medical diseases, such as food allergies, blocked or narrowed blood vessels, anemia, nerve disorders, high blood pressure, obesity, thyroid disease, high cholesterol, diabetes, and pregnancy.
Common symptoms of poor circulation are tingling sensations or numbness in certain parts of the body, an irregular heartbeat, pain in the legs, muscle cramps, headaches, dry skin, hair loss, dizziness, fatigue, and cold feet and hands.
You can increase the blood flow throughout the body by making some simple lifestyle changes, making use of some natural remedies, and following a healthy diet plan. Those living with circulatory disorders should consult a doctor before using any treatment method at home.
Quick tips besides foods that improve blood circulation:
- Acupuncture and acupressure can facilitate smooth blood circulation.
- To improve circulation and remove dead skin cells, do dry-skin brushing.
- After consulting your doctor, you can consider taking omega-3 supplements.
- Consume plenty of water on a daily basis to encourage a regular supply of minerals and keep your cells hydrated.
- Eat leafy vegetables and fresh fruits as they contain high levels of antioxidants, helping to increase your blood circulation.
- Consume a lot of fruits that are high in vitamin c as this vitamin can help in keeping the lining of the arteries strong.
- To increase circulation in hands and legs, lift these body parts frequently.
- Limit your salt intake every day.
- Avoid eating foods that are rich in saturated fats.
- It is important for you to quit smoking.
- Reduce your consumption of alcohol and caffeine.
- Do not stand or sit in the same positions for too long. Take regular breaks every 2 hours to allow your body to promote its blood circulation.
Today, in this entire article, I would like to introduce some of the best foods that improve blood circulation in legs and hands that are proven work well and will not lead to any side effect. I hope that these remedies will help readers deal with poor blood circulation fast and effectively. The Home Remedies are:
This is actually the first one of the most effective foods that improve blood circulation in legs and in hands revealed in this article and my readers should learn and remember to make use every day.
Garlic can help to prevent blood platelet aggregation, lower blood pressure, and promote blood circulation. It is very useful and can help to prevent the buildup of the plaques in the arteries and reduce the risks of atherosclerosis. A research published in The Journal of Nutrition in 2006 discovered that garlic is very beneficial for the heart health. There are 2 simple ways people can make use to increase blood circulation with the support of garlic:
- First, you just need to add garlic to your daily cooking; or after consulting a doctor, you can take garlic supplements.
- Alternatively, consume two or three raw garlic cloves on an empty stomach every day.
Another one on the list of the best and most effective foods that improve blood circulation that I would like to reveal in this article is that you should make use of ginger.
Ginger is a common ingredient in every kitchen that can help in improving blood circulation. It has compounds like zingerone and gingerols that provide the body with a warming effect, resulting in increased blood circulation.
Consuming ginger on a regular basis can also prevent blood clots inside the body and reduce the risks of heart disease. There are 3 simple ways people can use to increase blood circulation with the support of ginger:
- Firstly and simply, you just need to consult a doctor and then you can take ginger tablets.
- You just need to chew a few slices of fresh ginger every day or add ginger (dry or fresh) to your daily cooking.
- Alternatively, you can consume ginger tea two or three times on a daily basis. To make ginger tea, you will need to boil one tbsp. of ginger (thinly sliced) in two cups of water within about ten minutes. Strain the tea, add some honey for more taste, and then consume the tea every day.
Not only good for stomach health, ginger is also perfect for improving blood circulation, so make use of it.
Dark chocolate contains cocoa that can help in increasing blood flow. Additionally, according to a research published in the Journal of the American Heart Association in 2014, this special food can help to improve blood flow to the legs by influencing bio-chemicals that prompt arteries to widen.
Eating just one small piece of dark chocolate every day, you will be able to get your circulation improved noticeably. Nevertheless, make sure that you will make use of the dark chocolate bars that contain 70 % cocoa at least.
In reality, dark chocolate is on top of the best foods that improve blood circulation in legs and in hands that people should not look down but make use as soon as and as regular as possible for good!
Green tea is very high in antioxidants that can help to increase circulation and relax the arteries as well. It is associated with a raise in nitric oxide levels, a powerful vasodilator. It can also help to widen blood vessels, thus improving blood circulation. Here are some simple steps you will need to follow if you want to make use of this natural ingredient:
- Place a green tea bag into one cup of hot water within five minutes.
- By pressing the tea bag against the cup, use a spoon to squeeze out the excessive tea.
- Take out the tea bag, include some honey and consume the tea.
- You will need to consume about two or three cups of green tea every day to achieve the best results as desired.
This is also one of the best foods that improve blood circulation in legs that I would like to reveal in the article today and want my readers to learn and remember to make use for good!
Coconut oil is very good for those want to improve blood flow. It contains healthy fats as well as medium-chain triglycerides that can aid in reducing artery inflammation. This in turn can help to improve blood flow throughout the whole body. There are also 2 simple ways that people can make use with the support of coconut oil to increase the blood circulation fast and effectively.
- You just need to massage your legs and your hands every day using warm coconut oil.
- You can also drink two or three tablespoons of extra-virgin coconut oil on a daily basis to achieve the same results.
In fact, this is one of the best and easiest foods that improve blood circulation in legs and in hands that I want to release in this article and want you and my other readers to learn and make use as soon as possible for good!
Cayenne pepper has capsaicin that can help in stimulating the proper blood flow throughout the organs inside the body. It can also help to strengthen the capillaries and arteries. In addition, it can help in relieving the signs and symptoms of poor blood circulation related issues, such as tingling sensations in the legs, headaches, pain, and cold feet. There are 2 simple ways people can try with the help of cayenne pepper to deal with the poor blood circulation issue fast and effectively at home.
- Firstly and simply, you just need to add more cayenne pepper to your daily cooking or consult your doctor and take cayenne in the form of supplement.
- Alternatively, you just need to mix half a tsp. of powdered cayenne pepper, one tbsp. of blackstrap molasses, and two tbsp. of organic apple cider vinegar in one cup of water. Consume the combination 2 times per day to achieve the best results as desired.
Note: Women who are breastfeeding or pregnant should not consume cayenne pepper as it can lead to premature birth or even miscarriage.
Actually, this is one of the most effective and best foods that improve blood circulation in legs and in hands that I want to reveal in this entire article and people who are looking for ways to increase blood flow should learn and make use for good!
This is the last but certainly not the least foods that improve blood circulation that I want to reveal in this entire article.
Turmeric is an amazing spice that can effectively aid in improving blood circulation. Curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric, can help in reducing plaque buildup in the arteries and preventing blood platelets from forming clots.
According to research published in the journal Nutrition Research in 2012, curcumin supplements can positively influence blood circulation with the same effects as practicing exercise. There are 3 ways people can make use to increase blood flow with the help of turmeric:
- First and very simple, you just need to add more turmeric to your daily cooking.
- Like other herbal remedies, after consulting a doctor, you will be able to take turmeric supplements
- Alternatively, you can add a tsp. of powdered turmeric and some honey to one glass of warm milk. Consume the milk one or two times per day and wait for the noticeable results after just a few couples of weeks.
II. Bonus: Simple Ways To Increase Blood Circulation:
In this bonus section of the article today, I would like to give you some simple tips to increase blood circulation at home without using any type of drugs, pills, or medications. Thus, you are recommended to make use of these methods besides using one or some out of the foods that improve blood circulation I revealed in the first section of the article. Here are 3 simple bonus methods you can make use at home:
Hydrotherapy is the first simple and useful method that can help in improving blood circulation that I want to give you as a bonus. It can help to dilate the blood vessels and thereby boosting blood circulation.
Enjoy a sauna, whirlpool bath, steam bath, or hot bath a few times per week.
Regular massage can help in moving blood through the body’s areas that are congested. A whole-body relaxing massage can also help in dilating the blood vessels, thereby facilitating blood circulation. Here is what you will need to do and simple steps that should be followed exactly to bring about the best effects and benefits for improving blood flow:
- Warm up some almond oil, coconut oil, or olive oil. If you want, you can also include about 3 – 5 drops of rosemary oil for more attractive fragrance and better relaxing effect.
- Use gentle yet firm strokes and massage your ankles, legs, hands, and other parts of your body with the oil.
- Allow your skin, your body, and your mind to relax for a while with the oil massage, and then bathe in warm water.
- You should massage your body with this method about 2 – 3 times on a weekly basis.
Note: When applying the massage method, keep the movements directed towards your heart to increase lymph and venous blood flow.
Exercise is actually one of the best ways when it comes to promoting blood flow. There is no need to practice rigorous exercises for weight training. Actually, mild and simple aerobic exercise are just what you need to increase blood circulation. Here are some good ways for you to make use of exercises to improve blood flow:
- Do simple hand and foot exercises for fifteen minutes in every day morning.
- Enjoy trekking, biking, jogging, swimming, and similar activities 2 – 3 times per week.
- Walk for at least 30 minutes per day, 5 days per week.
Note: Do not over-exert yourself with exercise, especially when your circulation is poor.