Top 14 Best Home Remedies For Burning Feet And Toes
Have you ever heard about burning feet? Do you know the reasons why people suffer from this disease? And how can we realize that we are suffering from it? Are there any treatments which we can use in order to cure this disease? Can we use them at home? Don’t worry about these things. Today, on our page , this article will show you some useful information about what burning feet are, what cause burning feet, the symptoms of burning feet as well as several home remedies for burning feet.
I. What Are Burning Feet?
First of all, it has to be said that burning feet are one of the popular problems which everybody can suffer from. When someone is suffering from burning feet, they may find it difficult to sleep properly. In addition, burning feet can happen to anyone at any age. However, people who are 50 years old or older usually complain about this disease. As you or someone else suffers from this disease, you may feel painful, scorching as well as burning sensation.
Now you may want to know the factors cause burning feet, right? Let’s find out in the next part.
II. Causes Of Burning Feet
In general, you think that burning feet are caused by a virus, don’t you? But in fact, there are a lot of factors causing burning feet. They are:
– High blood pressure
– Vitamin B deficiency
– Athlete’s Foot
– Lyme disease.
– Chronic kidney disease
– Low thyroid levelsa
– Inflamed blood vessels
– Nerve damage
– Nerve entrapments
– Circulation disorders
– Blood disorders
– edema or fluid retention
III. Effective Home Remedies For Burning Feet
1. Do exercise
Doing exercise not only helps to improve your health, it also helps in soothing burning feet very well. In addition, physical activities will improve the blood circulation as well as prevent some problems of the nervous system. That’s why doing exercise is mentioned in the list of effective home remedies for burning feet.
– Simply, you ought to try to walk daily in order to ease the symptoms of burning feet.
– Running or jogging is also wonderful suggestions when you suffer from this problem. They will raise the circulation for your body, along with your feet.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
apple cider vineager can balance pH level and it is considered being one of the best home remedies for burning feet. If you want to use it, there are two ways for you to follow.
– Now you mix a cup of water with some teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and drink it once each day.
– Also, you can add some apple cider vinegar into hot water and soak our feet in it for 20 minutes. You can do this method twice per day. In order to get a better result, you had better add some Epsom salt or sea salt to this solution before you soak in.
3. Cold Water
Cold water is one of the most natural home remedies for burning feet and it is very simple to do at home. The remedy will help in relieving swelling, numbness, tingling on the feet quickly.
Here is the detail instruction for you.
– Firstly, prepare a foot tub and fill it with cold water.
– Then, soak the feet in the water for some minutes.
– Finally, take a rest and soak it again.
– Repeat the remedy various times each day.
However, you should pay attention that soaking in the cold water is usually recommended against in case of erythromelalgia because it may lead to reactive flaring, non – healing ulcers, maceration of the skin as well as the different problems.
Turmeric has a curcumin compound that can improve circulation and blood flow very well. Additionally, turmeric consists of anti-inflammatory properties that can reduce pain in your feet. Hence, it is said to be one of the best natural home remedies for burning feet. There are also 2 ways for you.
– You combine 1 – 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder with a cup of warm water and consume this solution twice a day daily.
– Alternatively, you can mix water with 2 tablespoons of turmeric and apply the mixture on the affected region 1 – 2 times per day. However, you ought to remember that this treatment is able to stain the feet.
5. Epsom Salt
Epsom salt can relieve burning sensations and soothe your feet very well. This ingredient can decrease pain and inflammation due to magnesium. For this reason, Epsom salt is mentioned as one of the effective home remedies for burning feet. Here is the detailed instruction for you.
– Firstly, add ½ cup of Epsom salt in a tub.
– Then, add warm water and mix well.
– Finally, soak the feet in this solution for about 10 to 15 minutes.
You can do this remedy once each day within several days. However, you ought to notice that this treatment is not suitable for the people who are suffering from heart disease,diabetes , or high blood pressure. So you ought to ask the doctor for his or her before applying.
6. Home Remedies For Burning Feet – Ginger
Another effective ingredient for burning feet is ginger. It can relieve burning sensations in the feet and increase blood circulation in your body because it has a lot of active components. Also, there are 2 ways for you to choose to follow.
You can mix some olive oil or coconut oil with a teaspoon of ginger juice . And then, you massage your legs and feet for 10 – 15 minutes. You had better repeat this treatment once every day.
Another way is to drink 2 – 3 cups of ginger tea every day. You keep doing this method for a few days until your condition is better.
7. Bitter Gour
Bitter gourd has been used as one of the best home remedies for burning feet for a long time.
Here is the detailed instruction for you.
– Firstly, get a handful of bitter gourd leaves.
– Then, grind them with some water in order to make a good paste.
– Finally, apply the paste on the burning feet to reduce the symptoms.
– Repeat the remedy if necessary.
Thyme can promote blood circulation, relieve constriction of blood vessels, and reduce burning sensation effectively. That’s due to the antimicrobial properties. For this reason, thyme is also mentioned in the list of the amazing home remedies for burning feet.
This is the detailed direction for you to use thyme.
– Firstly, take a handful of the thyme and soak it in two bowls.
– Then, fill 2-foot tubs with hot water & cold water.
– Next, add thyme in each bowl and soak the feet in hot water and then change into the bowl of cold water for 5 minutes.
– Finally, return it for 20 minutes.
– Repeat this treatment every day to get the best result.
9. Vitamin B3
One of the most necessary home remedies for burning feet is to get more vitamin B3, which can prevent nerves from pressure, strengthen the nerves, and improve the blood circulation.
If you want to increase the vitamin B intake, you ought to eat more peanuts, peas, beans, egg yolks, green vegetables, yogurt, milk, grain products, wheat germ, wheat bran as well as brewer’s yeast.
You also can take vitamin B3 supplements after asking the doctor.
10. Home Remedies For Burning Feet – Massage Your Feet
To comfort your burning feet, you can try massaging them gently with some oil. This simple remedy will reduce discomfort from burning sensations and it will also improve blood circulation as well as soothe the effect.
– Firstly, warm up some mustard oil, coconut oil, or olive oil.
– Then, massage lightly the oil on the affected region.
– Finally, do it for more 10 minutes.
You can do it every day in the morning and before you go to bed at night.
11. Keep Your Feet Dry
Why is it said that keeping the feet dry is one of the wonderful home remedies for burning feet? As you can see, sweaty feet trapped inside the shoes which are made of synthetic may lead to this disease. Therefore, in order to get rid of burning feet, you ought to wear the cotton socks which are able to absorb your sweat. In addition, you have to make sure that your feet are given enough space for movement as well as air circulation. It is going to help to inhibit the occurrence of this disease and relieve the symptoms in case you are suffering from burning feet.
Hawthorne is also one of the useful home remedies for burning feet. But why? It can aid to increase the blood circulation within your body, dilate your blood vessels, together with helping in the proper blood flow to your feet as well as your organs. What you need to do now is to make Hawthorne tea by adding a tablespoon of this herb to one cup of boiling water. And you drink it after letting it steep for nearly 10 minutes. You ought to repeat this process once per day.
13. Give Up Smoking
In the list of the home remedies for burning feet, giving up smoking is one of them. As you can see, smoking is harmful to your overall health. It may cause lung cancer, together with making your burning feet become worse and worse. Thus, when you give up smoking, you will have to time so that your nerve can be healed. Besides that, you ought to stay away from chewing tobacco as well.
14. Home Remedies For Burning Feet – Keep Away From Alcohol
Just like smoking, alcohol is the bad thing which harms to your nerve too. When your nerve is hurt, burning feet will happen. Hence, once you are suffering from burning feet, stop drinking alcohol like wine and beer as soon as possible. Why do you need to that? It will give more time to your nerve to be treated. That is the reason why keeping away from alcohol is one of the natural home remedies for burning feet.
To learn more about the different health problems as well as effective homemade remedies, you had better spend a little time going to our main home remedies page. After reading the writing of top 14 natural home remedies for burning feet, we all hope that you have already learned some useful treatments to get rid of the symptoms effectively and quickly at home. However, the writing is solely for the informative purpose, so you need to get advice from your doctor before applying any home remedy mentioned above. If you have any questions, please leave them below. We promise to respond your question as soon as we can.