Top 25 Natural Home Remedies For Sun Poisoning Rash
Sun poisoning or sunburn, which is from ultraviolet radiation and it will inflame your skin. The typical symptom of this sun poisoning is being sunburned. Your condition will become more severe if you do not wear protection when going out under the sun. Moreover, you will easily get the sunburn if you have fair and light skin. In this article, we will show you top natural home remedies for sun poisoning rash. However, this writing is for informational purpose only, so you should go to see the doctor if the disease is serious.
I. Causes Of Sun Poisoning
Before talking about the home remedies for sun poisoning, why don’t we find out which factors cause this disease? Actually, sun poisoning does not mean that you are poisoned by the sun. It’s just like a serious condition of sunburn. It is UV rays that cause sun poisoning. They are classified into 4 groups. They are phototoxic, immunologic diseases , polymorphous light eruptions, and photoallergic.
II. Signs And Symptoms Of Sun Poisoning
Some signs of sun poisoning which you will get are:
III. Natural Home Remedies For Sun Poisoning
1. Moisturize Your Skin
Dry skin might affect your skin to get more sun poisoning. After getting the condition, you should keep the affected area moist. The solution, in this case, is to soak the towels in cold water and then apply it on the poisoned area for 15 minutes each day. By doing this remedy, you will reduce the heat as well as soothe itchiness on the skin. You also sprinkle some Epsom salt or baking soda in a wet towel to cleanse the skin and repair the affected area shortly. For the reason above, the best and the easiest way which is mentioned first in the list of the effective home remedies for sun poisoning is keeping your skin well-moisturized.
2. Cold Milk
Cold milk is one of the best home remedies for sun poisoning. Milk will reduce symptoms of burning and soothe the problem, reduce inflammation, redness and get rid of the problem effectively. This is the detailed instruction for you:
– Firstly, dab a cotton ball into cold milk.
– Then, apply it on the sunburned areas for 20 minutes.
– Finally, rinse off with fresh water.
After you do this remedy, you will feel that your skin become smooth and fresh.
3. Aloe Vera
Another one of the wonderful home remedies for sun poisoning is aloe vera, which has soothing property. Furthermore, it also helps in reducing the burning sensation and itching which is caused by sun poisoning. Aloe vera is easily found in the market and you can plant it around your home. Here is the solution for you:
– Firstly, extract aloe vera gel from its leaves.
– Then dab the gel on the affected regions for 30 minutes.
– Finally, apply it before sleeping or when you have free time.
In order to get the best result, you can also add mint extract to aloe vera gel. This solution will prevent damage from the skin and reduce further sun poisoning.
Like other home remedies for sun poisoning, cucumber is a natural ingredient that you can assist in getting rid of rash and redness caused by sun poisoning. Cucumber has cooling property and it might recover your problem dramatically. There are 2 ways for you to follow.
– The first method is to mix sandalwood powder with cucumber and then apply it on affected area for 15-20 minutes.
– Another way is to combine cool milk with grated cucumber. Then you apply the mixture on the affected skin to soothe it naturally.
Whether you follow the first or the second way, you should apply the remedies several times each day to reduce sunburn quickly.
As you can see, onions are precious foods for health as well as for treating some conditions including sun poisoning. It is capable of helping to reduce the tan which is caused by sunburns. What you need to do now is to take some bruised onions and apply on the affected area. That is the reason why onions are said to be one of the natural home remedies for sun poisoning
6. Home Remedies For Sun Poisoning – Coconut
Coconut is very healthy for your health and skin. Coconut oil is commonly used for skin care and you should follow the instructions below.
– For treating sun poisoning, you should apply coconut oil on the affected regions to soothe the problem effectually.
– You can also mash coconut and apply it on your arms, face, and other areas that get sunburn.
– Alternatively, you can dab coconut water on the affected skin.
Now you may wonder to know why coconut can help you in this case? That is due to its soothing properties. And it is able to help the skin in regaining the original luster.
Vinegar is really useful for skin, hair, and healthcare. In order to use vinegar as one of the best home remedies for sun poisoning, you just need some vinegar at home and follow the direction like this:
– First of all, you combine 2 tablespoons of water and 2 tablespoons of vinegar.
– Then, you apply the liquid on the affected area.
– Finally, you let your skin dry naturally.
You should apply this method several times daily to comfort the skin.
8. Mustard Oil
Mustard oil is an amazing ingredient for skin and health. The oil can remove dark spots, lighten your skin, act as the natural sunscreen, treat infections, rashes, care you lips, promote hair growth, prevent hair loss, increase appetite, etc. That’s why it is one of the best remedies for sun poisoning rash. In order to heal sun poisoning, you should follow this treatment:
– Firstly, get some mustard oil
– Then apply the oil on affected area
– Finally, gently massage for about 10-15 minutes.
– Do it everyday for several times to reduce the symptoms fast.
Chamomile is conventionally used for producing medicines to treat stomachache, reduce, anxiety, including sun poisoning. Chamomile is safe and can reduce vomiting, nausea, heartburn, upset stomach, and other skin condition. Thus, if you want to use chamomile as one of the effective home remedies for sun poisoning, here is the way to use chamomile in this case:
– Firstly, boiling a glass of water
– Then add some chamomile flowers.
– Next strain it
– Finally, apply the tea on the affected skin to get the effective results.
Learn more: Home Remedies For Sunburn
10. Green Tea
Green tea is a favorite drink because it has a lot of benefits for health as well as skin. This drink will support for weight loss, treat diarrhea, vomiting, stomach disorders, tumor cancers, osteoporosis, headaches, colon cancer, genital warts , and so on. This is one of the best home remedies for sun poisoning if you apply the method frequently. You just need to apply green tea on your affected area several times each day to get rid of the problem.
11. Baking Soda
Another treatment which is also mentioned in the list of the wonderful home remedies for sun poisoning is baking soda. In general, skin which is poisoned by the sun light often loses the pH balance. Why is baking soda suggested in this situation? It is that baking soda is able to restore the pH balance. Furthermore, it also helps you inhibiting the irritation and burning of your skin.
Here are the specific instructions for you:
– Firstly, add ½ cup of baking soda to the bathtub which has just been filled with warm water.
– Then mix them well.
– Finally, soak the body in this solution for about 20 minutes.
– Repeat this remedy once every day until your skin is completely treated.
12. Home Remedies For Sun Poisoning – Honey
When talking about the fantastic home remedies for sun poisoning, honey ought to be mentioned as well. As you have known, honey contains antibacterial properties and it works as the natural humectant. Thus, it can help to fade the blister away. Furthermore, using honey is also a good way to keep your skin out of dryness and flake which is caused by sun poisoning as well as heat. Thus, if you want to get rid of sun poisoning, you ought to follow these steps below.
– Firstly, take some fresh honey. In order to get the best result, you had better use the organic honey.
– Then, apply it on the affected areas.
– Finally, let it sit until it dries.
– Repeat these steps when needed.
If you are looking for the natural and effective home remedies for sun poisoning, the potato is one of your wanted answers. Both potato peels and potato juice can help you in this situation. This juice is able to absorb the heat and cure the sun- poisoned skin.
What you need to do now is to extract the juice from a potato after you grate it and then you use a cotton cloth to fit it. Finally, you apply this juice on the affected area after you cool it.
14. Stay Hydrated
Staying hydrated is also one of the best and the most effective home remedies for sun poisoning. Why is it said like that? it may help you to get a quick relief from the sun poisoning symptoms. Now what you can do is to drink more water or fluids which contain electrolytes.
15. Home Remedies for Sun Poisoning – Cold Compress
If you are suffering from sun poisoning and you want to get rid of this disease as soon as possible, why don’t you try using cold compress? In fact, it is also one of the easiest ways which you can do at home. You just need to dip a clean cloth in the cold water and put it on the affected region after you squeeze out the excessive water. It will help you to relive the pain, burning sensation as well as itching. However, you have to remember not to use ice cube because sometimes your condition may be worse when you apply ice directly on your sun poisoned skin.
16. Calamine Lotion
When discussing the best and the most effective home remedies for sun poisoning, calamine lotion ought to be mentioned, too. But why? When you apply calamine lotion on the affected skin areas, it will help in relieving the burning sensation as well as itching due to its soothing and hydrating properties. Moreover, your skin in avoided peeling because it helps to moisturize the skin as well.
There is one more effective treatment which needs to be mentioned in the list of the natural and wonderful home remedies for sun poisoning. That is oatmeal. Thanks to the anti- inflammatory compound in oatmeal, it will provide a quick relief. Besides that, it is capable of hydrating the skin, together with boosting the healing process by soothing itchiness. What you need to do now is prepare a cool bath. Then you put an enough amount of oatmeal into it. Next, you add a few drops of olive oil to this bathtub. Finally, you soak the body in and relax.
Alternatively, you can make a paste of oatmeal and milk. After making this paste, you apply it on the affected skin areas. Finally, rinse it off after it dries.
In the list of the wonderful home remedies for sun poisoning, yogurt is also listed as well. When you apply yogurt on the affected skin areas, it both helps you to cool your skin and reduces the swelling. It will also protect your skin from the microbial infection.
Here is the detailed instruction for you.
– Firstly, take an enough amount of yogurt.
– Then, apply it on your sun- poisoned skin.
– Finally, let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes before you wash it off.
– Do it regularly in order to notice the desired result.
19. Cod Liver Oil
Cod liver oil is also mentioned as one of the natural and effective home remedies for sun poisoning. Because of containing DHA as well as vitamin A, cod liver oil can work wonders on every type of skin. You just need to take a little cod liver oil and then apply this oil on the sun- poisoned skin. Before you wash it, you allow it to sit for a while. It will help you to get rid of itching due to its soothing properties.
20. Home Remedies for Sun Poisoning – Sandalwood
Sandalwood is also considered being one of the best natural home remedies for sun poisoning. It is also said to be the safest treatment. Thanks to comprising the antiseptic qualities, sandalwood can help heal itchy, burned, blistered and rashes skin. Thus, if you want to get rid of sun poisoning, you ought to consult this detailed direction below.
– Firstly, make sandalwood paste
– Then, apply it on the sun poisoned skin
– Next, leave it on overnight
– Finally, use cold water to wash it off in the next morning
– Do this treatment every day in order to see the positive result.
21. Lemon and Sugar
Once you are suffering from the sun poisoning and you are looking for something that will help you to get rid of this disease, why don’t you try using the combination of lemon and sugar? It works very effectively. Why is it said like that? it will give your skin pores a deep exfoliation. Plus, it will give your dry skin the adequate smoothness, along with repairing it naturally.
However is the detailed instruction for you if you want to use this combination as one of the home remedies for sun poisoning.
– Firstly, take a tablespoon of sugar.
– Then, add a few drops of lemon juice to it
– Next, mix both ingredients well together
– After that, gently massage the sun poisoned skin with this solution in a few minutes.
– Finally, rinse it off
– Keep doing this remedy regularly to get the desired result.
22. Banana Mask
It is believed that banana mask is also a good treatment in the list of the natural and effective home remedies for sun poisoning. The reason why many people say like this is that banana has a lot of nutrition which is good for the skin. Likewise, it also assists in decreasing the redness as well as irritation which is resulted from sun poisoning.
Hence, if you decide to try using this method, you just need to follow the steps below.
– Firstly, take a ripe banana and mash it
– Then, you some cool milk to the mashed banana
– Next, mix both ingredients well together in order to make a fine paste.
– After that, apply this paste on the sun poisoned skin areas
– Finally, remove the mask after allowing it to sit for a while.
That may be strange when it is suggested using toothpaste as one of the amazing home remedies for sun poisoning. It will help you in decreasing the rashes and blisters which are caused by this disease. What you really need to do is to take a small amount of toothpaste and then gently rub it on your affected skin areas. However, you ought to use the toothpaste which is unflavored for treating sun poisoning.
24. Cucumber and Milk
Another combination that is also considered being one of the efficient home remedies for sun poisoning is made of milk and cucumber. As you can see, both ingredients are really good for those people who are suffering from sun poisoning. Here is the detailed instruction for you
– Firstly, prepare a tablespoon of cold milk as well as two tablespoons of cucumber juice.
– Then mix both ingredients well together
– Next, directly apply this mixture on the sun poisoned area
– After that, leave it on for about 15 to 20 minutes
– Finally, wash it off with cold water
– Repeat this process various times per day until you get the positive result.
25. Cucumber Juice, Potato Juice, And Vinegar
Just like what has been mentioned above, cucumber, potato, and vinegar are good home remedies for sun poisoning. So now why don’t you combine 3 ingredients together in order to get the best result?
This is detailed direction for you
– Firstly, take 2 tablespoons of potato juice, 2 tablespoons of vinegar, as well as 2 tablespoons of cucumber juice
– Then mix them well together
– Next directly apply this mixture on your sun poisoned skin.